While facing oral health issues many individuals need to visit a skilled dentist. To get rid of the dental problems sometimes dentists have to use a kind of medication aiding you to feel negligible pain while your dental surgery is in process. This kind of treatment isn’t new, even though it is more popularized since a decade.
Importance of such kind of treatment:
- It aids in lowering the tension of the patients as many of them feel stressed while sensing the pain to bear or afraid of needles while the dental surgery is in progress.
- Dentist is able to do their healing work properly as the patients coordinate well without moving their jaw continuously.
- Painless surgery is always a relief for patients as well as the surgeon while treating complex dental issues.
- If you have sensitive teeth it is best to go for mild sedation.
For quick positive oral treatment presently there are four kinds of sedation dentistry practiced worldwide.
The types are:
- Usage of Nitrous oxide: Commonly known as ‘Laughing gas’ is administered via a mask placed over the patient’s face to be inhaled. It is a perfect solution for patients who aren’t quite stressed while the treatment takes place. The patient can return back to continue their normal activities after the treatment immediately.
- Oral sedatives: The pills can be taken either the night before the dental treatment or half an hour before the appointment. The dose level will depend upon the time needed for the surgery to complete and your general health. The patient will feel little drowsy.
- IV sedation: This is the perfect solution if you aren’t afraid of needles. The feeling of numbness can be felt as soon as the needle injects the medicine directly to your blood stream. You feel sleepy and unaware of the surgery taking place.
- General anesthesia: This kind of sedation is normally practiced when the patient is undergoing complex dental surgery. The patient becomes totally unconscious and needs rest after the sedation wares off.
The kind of sedation is decided after the dentist studies your medical history, have few tests to know your general health and the process involved in healing your dental issue. To know more about sedation method log on to informative links patterned by well experienced sedation dentist or visit specialized dentist in your area, if you have any dental problems needed to be treated immediately.